tisdag 17 mars 2009

Windows 7

I just installed Windows 7 on my beloved Dell. After having run Win 7 on my home computer for about a month now i felt that the time had come to try it out in some serious scenarios.

To start with it felt really nice. A warm fuzzy feeling as I pimped the colors and background of my spanking new Win 7. And even the sound card worked (the tag-team Vista + Dell had previously disabled the soundcard). I felt happy. That's when the problems started...

I tried to install Daemon tools. After having rebooted, installed, rebooted, installed and rebooted i started to see a pattern. Apparently Daemon Tools won't install on Win 7. No matter what combo of priveliges and compatability modes I gave the program it always ended up in the same loop. I guess a few minutes of googling beforehand would have told me as much. It just won't work. Instead I had to use Virtual CloneDrive (which actually works nicely and I kinda like the UI more than the Daemon UI).

Next stop was the 3G mobile modem. I have the external Huawei 7.2 USB modem from 3 that worked nicely in Vista. The program 3Connect installed ok directly from the modem but after that nothing, not a thing happens when you run the program. No amount of googling could help me there.

Now a bit more frustrated I moved on to install the tools-of-the-trade - Visual Studio 2008. After having blue screened the third time I gave up. It simply won't install, just crashes.

I think I have to go back to Vista... I feel a bit sad...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar